Retirement is one of life’s events that’s almost always looked forward to. A large proportion of retirees will be looking forward to the day with excitement. And who could blame them? All the time in the world to relax and enjoy a stress free life, without the worry of getting up for work every morning. Retirement is the time when people get to enjoy the rewards of all their hard work. But that’s not to say everyone will find it easy. Especially in today’s expensive world.
Retirement is often marked by the giving of retirement gifts, which is an area where we’ve a lot of experience. Here at goodretirementgifts.com, our aim is to help with the struggle of finding a perfect gift for a retiring man. And as well as giving you some great ideas, we’ll also be providing some useful hints and tips.
When it comes to choosing a retirement gift the important point to remember is to pick something special and something that will remind them of you. There are heaps of gifts to choose from, so it really shouldn’t be a problem. But often too much choice is just as bad as no choice at all.
To help you pick the perfect retirement gifts for dads and men around the world we’ve compiled a few of our favorite ideas.
Retirement gift ideas for men who deserve some relaxation
One of the first things that many male retirees look forward to is some time to relax. For decades, they’ve had very little free time and who would blame them for wanting to make the most of it. So here are some retirement gift ideas for him that will ensure some relaxation and refreshment.
- Wine or beer tasting tour – Does the gentleman who’s retiring love wine, or beer? Give him a gift that provides the opportunity for a spot of tasting, and maybe even the chance to try his hand at making some himself.
- Massage chair – How far you go with this one will depend on your budget. Choices range from a massage chair pad that will cost a few dollars, to a luxury massage chair that will set you back several thousand.
- Magazine subscription – If the retiree has a hobby, perhaps you could arrange an annual subscription to a related magazine.
- Gag t-shirts – The choice of these is amazing, with a wealth of different age-related and retirement angled jokes or sayings. Or if you’re unsure about his sense of humor pick a set of golf shirts or a Hawaiian shirt so everyone can see he’s busy relaxing.
- Photo album – Scan a collection of work related photographs or upload them to a digital photo frame. Alternatively, put together a book of favorite photos and include messages and anecdotes from colleagues and friends.
Gold-Dipped Golf Ball
- Dipped in 24 karat gold.
- Rival regular golf balls for their ability to fly equally long and straight.
- Ideal for mounting and display purposes.
Gold-Dipped Poker Cards
- A playable deck of poker cards dipped in 24 karat gold.
- Presented in an elegant high quality case made from cherry-wood.
- The deck is produced to tournament grade standards.
Retirement gift ideas for men who want to enjoy more recreation
When spending time relaxing becomes a little boring a number of retirees look for something new to fill their time. They may well be looking for opportunities to get out there and have some fun. How about a retirement gift that will keep him occupied?
- Gardening tools – For some guys, retirement means the chance to get their hands dirty, which makes items for use while gardening a very welcome gift. There are countless items designed to make life easier for the more mature gardener.
- Fishing accessories – For the gentleman who loves to spend time sitting on the riverbank, find a gift that will make that time more pleasant. An umbrella to keep the sun off, a fish finder to help him find his catch, a set of floats or the latest rod, are just a few examples.
- Golfing gifts – Golf isn’t the cheapest of hobbies, so the gift of a new set of clubs, a golf bag, or some playing time will be well received.
- Gift baskets – Whatever he may be into, there is a gift basket that will suit his taste. There are plenty to choose from if you prefer to buy one ready-made, or you can choose to put a basket together with your own choice of treats.
- Gym membership or equipment – It’s important to keep your body in shape, and this doesn’t change just because retirement has hit. Some top quality gym equipment might be just what he’s looking for. However, if space is at a premium in his residence, then a year’s subscription to the local gym might be a better option.
- An adrenaline fuelled experience – Is he a bit of a demon when he gets behind the wheel? A few hours spent at a racing school is sure to sort the men out from the boys.
- Cooking classes – When the age of retirement arrives, it’s a good time to try something new and maybe uncover a hidden talent. If the man in question fancies trying his hand at something other than BBQ meals, send him to a cooking school where he can learn a new menu.
Retirement gift ideas for men who want to travel
A popular pastime for many retirees is travelling. There is a big, wide world just waiting to be explored and when there are no worries about working he’ll have plenty of time to do it. A gift that can be enjoyed while on vacation will be something very special.
- Leather passport holder – This is a very popular retirement gifts for women, as well as men. A leather passport holder can be engraved or monogrammed for added meaning, and it’s a gift that will be used every time he travels.
- Digital camera – A good quality camera will make a great gift for any occasion. But for the guy who is planning to travel it will be the best retirement gift.
- Luggage – No vacation would be complete without some luxury luggage. Send him off on his travels with a set of stylish suitcases.
- Guidebooks for his dream destination – If you know where he’s planning to visit buy him the latest guidebook, so he’ll won’t miss any of the best attractions.
Buying gifts can be challenging, especially when the recipient has everything they need. And it’s almost a certainty that the male retiree will be pretty well set up. The majority of men spend a large part of their lives working, so a retirement gift for him should be special and mark the transition that is about to occur.
Great retirement gifts for men don’t have to be expensive, but it should be something related to his preferences and ideals. Retirement is a wonderful time and a useful retirement gift will ease him into this new chapter and remind him of you.